27 Feb Why You Should Use Hasmate for Asset Management
Did you know that your business can use Hasmate for asset management, but also its vehicles, equipment, employee information, and training, and the same program can also alert you when important checks must be made?
Over the past five years, there have been numerous work-site accidents involving vehicles and equipment – some with fatal and/or serious consequences.
This not only impacts on your employees, but also on the profitability of the business and your business responsibility to prove due diligence to your insurance company and to the police and/or WorkSafe.
If this happened to you, how long would it take your business to hunt out all the necessary evidence to prove your due diligence as a responsible business owner?
This is where Hasmate can make your life a lot easier as a recording and alerting system for peace of mind that you are up with the play.
If an incident/accident was to occur, here are a few questions to consider:
- Can you provide the police or WorkSafe with the maintenance records of the asset or vehicle for the past 6-12 months?
- Do you have the required driving, fatigue management, and incident reporting policies and procedures in place?
- Have staff been trained in vehicle incident and accident reporting procedures, and has this training been recorded?
- Do you conduct pre-employment licence checks and keep a copy of the licence?
- Does your business subscribe to an external agency that will alert you if the employee has a loss of licence?
- Does your business have an automatic alerting system for re-training?
- Does your staff carry out pre-start vehicle checks? (similar to pre-flight checks)
- Does your business have an internal alerting system for its WOF, COF, vehicle registrations, maintenance, or any warranty checks?
- Do you have a planned vehicle maintenance and recording system for your business? (See bullet point 1)
- Can your business quickly source data, reports, and asset profiles that can be used by the management team to review and make informed decisions about, and costs or actions associated with, an asset incident or accident?
This is not a final list, but using a cost-effective management program (like Hasmate), that has been designed to answer the questions above and more, will provide you with peace of mind that you have covered all the bases.
Please click here to sign up to our free 30-day trial of the Hasmate program.