20 Sep Working with Safe Operating Procedures
Posted at 22:25h in Assets Module, Chemicals Module, Documents Module, Employees Module, Hazards Module, Training Module
The following are several pointers of how the Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or hazard registers can be managed in the online Hasmate program:
- Add the SOP into Documents
- Once you’ve logged into the Hasmate program, go to “Documents”. Click “Add” to add a new document.
- Fill in the SOP name, a Next Review Date (usually every year, or following an accident/incident), and assign it to a Business Level. Click “Save”.
- We recommend that any SOP is reviewed and personalised to your business situation (one SOP will never suit every business, workplace and environment). Once you have done this, scroll down to the bottom of the Document screen to “Attachments”. Click “Add Attachment”.
- Click “Browse” to find the SOP document on your computer.
- Use the Comment box to note down the name of the SOP and today’s date. Then click “Save”.
- When you make changes to the SOP in the future, you can use the “Document Changes” section, and upload the new version of the SOP into “Attachments”.
- Add the SOP as a Training Module
- Go to “Training”. Click “Add” to add a new training module.
- Fill in the Training Module Name, Purchased From, and assign it to a Business Level. In the Description, you can note that a copy of the SOP is in “Documents”.
- When an employee is trained using the SOP, you can now record this in the Hasmate program.
- Add SOP and/or Hazard Register information into Hazards
- Go to “Hazards”. Click “Add” to add a new hazard.
- The information contained in the hazard register can be copied and pasted directly in. These can then be assessed and amended for suitability to the business.