08 Nov Hasmate and the 2017 Hazardous Substances Regulations
Applicable Hasmate modules:
- PPE (in Employees module);
- Printable profiles on modules;
What are certified handlers?
Certified handlers are people who are skilled and competent to handle very hazardous substances in your workplace. They must demonstrate competency in their particular area and must be certified by a compliance certifier. Currently, under HSNO, certified handlers are called approved handlers.
• Accident and incident reporting
This is set out as follows:
- Near miss or hit – to be recorded, investigated and monitored by the PCBU;
- Minor injuries – to be recorded, investigated and monitored by the PCBU;
- Notifiable events – where a notifiable event/serious harm event occurs, the PCBU is to notify Worksafe NZ as soon as they become aware of the incident (0800 030 040).
Disclaimer – these are general statements only – they may not be word for word from the Health and Safety at Work Act (or other Acts), but designed to give you a simplified understanding.
For any questions about any of these definitions, please contact us today.